Grievance Submission Instructions
Please read these instructions prior to completing this grievance form. You will not be able to edit it at a later date once it is submitted and you move on to the Grievance Fact Sheet form. A shop steward will help you if needed.
1. IMPORTANT!!! The email address that you enter in the Email field will be where your grievance is sent. You want this to be a computer that you can “PRINT” from. The best option is to use your company (Mercer) email address. This way you can print your grievance from most any computer here at work. Alternatively you can use the email of the computer you are using to fill out your grievance, eg: email@example.com. IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE HERE PLEASE ASK A SHOP STEWARD TO HELP YOU.
2. Once you have entered all the information required you can click on the “Submit Grievance” button at the bottom of the page. This will send your grievance to the email that you entered in the Email field and a copy of the grievance will be sent to the union hall. You will then be directed to the Grievance Fact Sheet form page.
3. IMPORTANT!!! You must also fill out the Grievance Fact Sheet form whenever filing a grievance. This fact sheet can be kept by you, submitted to your shop steward or given to a member of the standing committee. This form becomes a key component when a grievance is argued at any stage.
4. Fill out “ALL” fields on the fact sheet form. When you click on the “Submit Grievance Fact Sheet” button for this form, like the grievance form, this will send your grievance fact sheet to the email that you entered in the Email field and a copy of the grievance fact sheet will be sent to the union hall.
5. When you complete and submit both online forms, you can go and check the email account that you entered for two emails with your Grievance and Grievance Fact Sheet form submissions.
6. When you open either of the emails you should be able to see the Grievance and Grievance Fact Sheet information you entered in the body of the emails. There will also be a “PDF” file attached at the bottom of the email. Open these “PDF” files from each email you received and from here you can print your grievance and fact sheets.
7. Sign your grievance. Have your shop steward sign your grievance. Submit your grievance to your supervisor.
Starred Fields (*) are required.